Information Communication and Technology Section
This section is headed by the information communication and Technology Officer (ICTO).
It has an overall responsibility for: -
- Managing networks and hardware systems, implementing and operating the IT infrastructure including Wide Area Networks (WAN), Local Area Network (LAN), Servers and Desktop Systems.
- User support, training and monitoring performance of existing systems usability and user response.
- Systems application both at the front end and back end technologies including the Coffee Industry Database, Enterprise Resource program systems (ERP), and Web development and management.
- Responding to and resolving escalated network problems
- Co-ordinating and helping to perform network installations
- Monitoring network systems
- Maintaining detailed documentation and network drawings
- Setting server/desktop strategies and priorities
- Responding to and resolving escalated hardware problems
- Co-ordinating and helping perform server and desktop installations
- Monitoring desktop and server systems and maintaining detailed configuration documentation.
- Developing applications to operate on modern operating systems
- Preparing modules and reports for effective database management
- Adding modern functionality to existing applications
- High level code and application debugging
- Application roll-out development and upgrades
- Electronic applications developments (Websites, e-commerce, and others)
- Maintain a log of user request and response
- Maintain a quality service level within the user environment
- Maintain a defined status of growth of user education