This section is headed by a Senior Accountant and is divided into two units namely: Accounts Section and Procurement Section
The functions of the section will entail but not limited to:
- Finance planning.
- Preparation of annual budgets and budgets control.
- Design and enforcement of appropriate financial policies.
- Procurement of goods and services.
- Preparation, Analysis and interpretation of financial information.
- Financial Accounting.
- Cost accounting.
This unit is headed by a Procurement Officer who is assisted by a stores clerk.
The functions of the section will entail but not limited to;
- Sourcing for supplies in accordance with the purchasing and procurement procedures.
- Maintaining the supplies and stores records.
- Receiving and recording goods received.
- Issuing materials and stores to users based on requisition.
- Maintaining stock levels.
- Compiling departmental requirements.
- Recommending disposal of unserviceable/ obsolete stock items/ assets.
- Ensure safe custody of accountable documents entrusted to this section.