Human Resource Functions
The Human Resource functions include:
- Recruitment - Locating and attracting qualified people to apply for vacant positions in the Board, shortlisting the applicants and placement of the successful candidates.
- Employee Training & Development - The section is committed to the continuous development of the skills and abilities of Coffee Board of Kenya employees in order to maximize their contribution, give them the opportunity to enhance their skills, realize their potential and advance their careers.
- Discipline - In handling disciplinary cases, the section treats employees in accordance with the principles of natural justice.
- Employee Relations - The section beliefs that employees have a right to have their interests represented to Management through Trade Unions.
- Staff Welfare - This section ensures that staff welfare matters are addressed
- Human Resource Planning - The section ensures that sufficient numbers of appropriate caliber of employees are available to the Board in pursuit of its objectives.
- Performance Management - The section's overall objective is to manage and improve performance of the Board's employees by enabling a higher level of staff participation and involvement in planning, delivery and evaluation of work performance.
- Administration Functions -The Administration functions involve co-ordination of the follwoing services:
- Office Accommodation
- Repair and maintenance of Board's vehicles and buildings
- Secretarial Services